Room booking for courses
Jóhanna B Jónsdóttir at the Education Office handles room booking for courses. For this she will need to have received the course timetable at the latest:
Autumn semester period 1: 15 June and period 2: 15 September
Spring semester period 1: 1 December and period 2: 1 February
Johanna will book the rooms according to the specific needs of the courses and expected number of students, but you are welcome to specify your room requests. Subsequently, you will receive a room booking report which you will need to verify.
Other room bookings
As of August 1 2019, the meeting rooms in the Biology and Ecology buildings will be booked digitally via TimeEdit (TE). We will remove the paper calendars and any bookings will be transferred to TE. Bookable rooms for staff at the Department of Biology and CEC are listed above.
|Room||House||Number of seats|
|Cellen (B-C216b)||Biology building||7|
|Etiketten (B-D107)||Biology building||8|
|Kuvösen (B-C114)||Biology building||8|
|Mitokondrien (B-A273)||Biology building||8|
|Communis (E-B355)||Ecology building||12|
|Darwin (E-C252)||Ecology building||12|
|Fagus (E-C352) - CEC||Ecology building||14|
|Mikroben (E-A254)||Ecology building||12|
|Museet (E-E334)||Ecology building||10|
|Rejektorn (E-A354)||Ecology building||10|
|St. Konferensrummet (E-A120)||Ecology building||22|
|Studenten (E-E134)||Ecology building||10|
|Tanken (E-D143)||Ecology building||24|
There will be a QR code at each meeting room that links to an overview of how the room is booked.
How to book a meeting room
- Log in with your LUCAT-id in TimeEdit.
- State the date . Either by clicking the arrows or at the calendar icon. You may choose if you want to see the booking by week or day . Start writing the room name to search for a specific room  or write the time you want  to only see the chosen rooms.
- After you have chosen a room, click in the calendar  . You will then see the chosen day with a blue booking representing an hour. Click at the time you want to book.
- Do the following in the pop-up window
- Adjust the time
- Choose KST, kind of AKTIVITET, PERSON
- Fill in a TITEL for the event
- Click BOKA at the bottom
- You get a confirmation. You can choose to book more rooms and/or send the confirmation to your mail. You will then get a calendar booking you can save in you electronic calendar.
At the bottom of the window you see your bookings. If you want to change or cancel any of them click on it.
You will find more information about our field stations and how to book them under our infrastructure section.
Some principles of office allocation at the department
- Emeriti with emeriti contract and activities at the department will have the use of a shared office.
- New PhDs
- PhD students who have recently defended their thesis may have the use of their office during six month following the thesis defence. Thus they get a chance to write a postdoc application and get unpublished parts of the thesis ready for publication.
- Outgoing postdocs
- Outgoing postdocs empty and clean their offices before they leave for their postdoc stay. If they need a new office when they return, they will have one.
- Incoming postdocs
- When incoming postdocs’ employments are ended they will be offered a place in a large shared office.
- Short time researchers
- Short time researchers will have a place in a large office with up to six work areas.
- Master students
- If there is room in an office with six work areas; master students may have a temporary work area until it is needed.
- In general
- Use the 15 m2 offices better than today. These offices are suitable for three postdocs or PhD students. Now they are often used by one senior researcher.
Johanna Bjarney Jonsdottir
Telephone: +46 46222 73 15
E-mail: Johanna_Bjarney [dot] Jonsdottir [at] biol [dot] lu [dot] se (Johanna_Bjarney.Jonsdottir)
Malfunctions related to buildings
During office hours, staff located in the Biology building should report errors to Lars Fredriksson at +46 46 222 94 74. Staff in the Ecology building should report errors to Carl Sjökvist at +46 46 222 38 03.
For emergencies during non-office hours, call the Akademiska hus helpline at +46 46 31 13 10.
Booking of undergraduate excursion buses, projectors etc
Contact Jan Johansson for booking undergraduate excursion buses and projectors.
You may borrow the department’s bicycle during the day. It is parked in the bicycle rack under the pedestrian bridge at the left entrance of the Ecology building. Reserve the bicycle by contacting Cecilia Thomasson (+46 46 222 93 17) or Carl Sjökvist (+46 46 222 38 03).