The doctoral student Progress Meeting
The Supervisory Committee holds a Progress meeting with the doctoral student every semester in order to:
- discuss the doctoral student’s research work (successes, setbacks), plan future work and solve problems. The Department’s Current Status Report Form for Doctoral Students (doc, 570 kB) should be used as a basis for the meeting. The form allows completed and planned research work and courses etc. to be reported, as well as cumulatively keeping a record of credits earned during the entire doctoral programme.
- discuss the doctoral student’s work on courses and teaching and check that it is progressing at an acceptable rate.
- at least once per year, update the Individual Study Plan after the doctoral student Progress Meeting
- report on the completed doctoral student Progress Meeting using the special Doctoral Student Progress Form which is sent together with the Department’s Current Status Report Form for Doctoral Students and the updated and signed Individual Study Plan (also signed by the Examiner) to Financial Administrator Charlotta Thomaeus for archiving.
- If the doctoral student’s studies are proceeding well, the Examiner can request an exemption from a Progress Meeting from the Director of Postgraduate Studies. This can be done if all parties agree and if the Examiner has received the documentation (that is the Status Report Form) supporting the decision not to hold a doctoral student Progress Meeting. At least one doctoral student Progress Meeting per year must, however, be held.
The Director of Postgraduate Studies attends the first doctoral student appraisal in connection with admission in order to assist in the planning of the course component of the postgraduate studies programme. During this first doctoral student Progress Meeting, the discussions will be guided by a special Checklist (pdf, 177 kB, in Swedish, new tab). You find more about scientific misconduct at LU's website Research Ethics.
Directors of Postgraduate Studies
Telephone: +46 46 222 37 67
E-mail: Per [dot] Lundberg [at] biol [dot] lu [dot] se
Telephone: +46 46 222 40 79
E-mail: Emma [dot] Kritzberg [at] biol [dot] lu [dot] se