Health, environment and safety committee
The main task for the HMS committee is to monitor and coordinate the University- and faculty-wide policies regarding health, environment and safety, both for the Department of Biology and for the Centre for Environmental and Climate Science. The committee consists of four employer representatives, employee organisation representatives and one student representative.
Members of the HMS committee
The following links lead to contact information on external websites.
- Ulf Arup, Museum Director (Employer representative Biology Museum)
- Dennis Hasselquist, Professor (Employer representative Biology)
- Karin Hofvendahl, Head of Administration (Employer representative, Centre for Environmental and Climate Science)
- Erling Jirle, Research Engineer (TCO-OFR/S, Principal Health and Safety Representative Biology Centre)
- Wilhelm May, Researcher (Health and Safety Representative Centre for Environmental and Climate Science)
- Eric Warrant, Professor (Employer representative Biology)
- Two student representatives
Health, environment and safety committee – working group (HMS-AU)
The HMS-AU is a link between the HMS committee and the activities at the Department of Biology. The working group ensures that work environment efforts are implemented by, among other things, making sure that the lab managers and heads of units are aware of what procedures and regulations need to be in place. The HMS-AU also ensures that the instructions and observations from the HMS committee are attended to and that statutory lists and registries are established and maintained.
Members in the Health, environment and safety committee – working group (HMS-AU)
The following links lead to our external website.
- Camilla Björklöv, Functional Zoology
- Helene Bracht Jörgensen, Biodiversity
- Elisabeth Gauger Nilsson, Molecular Cell Biology
- Erling Jirle, Functional Zoology
- Jane Jönsson, MEMEG
- Chatarina Mattsson, Molecular Cell Biology
- Maria Mostadius, Biology Museum
- Sofia Mebrahtu-Wisén, Biodiversity
- Carina Rasmussen, Functional Zoology
- Anna Sterngren, MEMEG
- Marie Svensson, Aquatic Ecology
- Henrik Wendel, Biology
The HMS committee at the Biology blog
The links below lead to our internal blog. Texts are in Swedish.