Henrik Wendel and the Health, environment and safety committee – working group will go through our labs and other facilities and see where we can save energy. But the rest of us can help by:
- turning off the lights when no one is in the room
- turning off computers, monitors, copiers, printers and other equipment that uses electricity when idle (“phantom load”). Don’t leave them in stand-by mode unless absolutely necessary.
- only airing out rooms for short periods when necessary
- buying equipment with the best energy ratings
- not using portable electric heaters
- only running the dishwashers when they are completely full
- always pulling down the window sash of the fume hoods
Please take responsibility – and help us save energy!
Thank you in advance,
Jessica Abbott, Joakim Nilsson, Henrik Wendel