Search in the zoological collections
Our collections are searchable through the global database Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF). Here are some instructions on how to do a search in our collections there.
- Go to GBIF's page about the zoological collections at the Biological Museum in Lund.
- The green button with a number of occurrences leads to the search page of our collection (go directly to our search page on GBIF's website)
- You can now search the zoological collections at the Biological Museum stored at GBIF by choosing any of the categories in the column on the left-hand side.
- You can look for a species by searching on Scientific name almost on top of the column. You can use the known scientific name, for example, Pseudorca crassidens, or use the phylogenetic tree structure all the way to the genus or species and click the figure showing the number of collections of that species.
- You can also filter the search result by using for example. a time frame Year, or area of interest by using the map under Location.