39 years of biology at Lund University, working with both technical and administrative issues.
What I work with
I am a part-time Lab Manager in the Pheromone Group; responsible for 10 labs and maintenance of lab equipment, computers, GCs, GC-MSs, and climate chambers. I do purchase and invoices and maintain chemical databases and insect cultures, including supervising insect rearing staff. I perform experimental work on insects (dissection, pheromone analysis.). I have done fieldwork in Scandinavia, Central Europe, and several countries in Africa. Safety officer in the group. Web publisher in the group.
The other part-time of my work is done at the Department level, involved in a number of functions (all links go to our internal website);
- Principal health and safety representative at Department of Biology and Centre for Environmental and Climate Science (Biology Center)
- Infrastructure group (BIG)
- HMS committee and HMS working group Health, Environment, Safety)
- Department main administrator for KLARA chemicals database
- Department contact person for ionizing radiation and acting deputy of flammable goods
- Member of the department Helpdesk team for IT issues (network, computers, program licensing)
- Local admin for Primula Res
- Local admin for Lund University Research Information System (LUCRIS)
At the University level I have been involved or am involved in the procurement and reference groups for; Lupin, LUP, new email system, labware, chemicals, gases, chemical waste, freezers etc. I am a member of the LU Radiation Protection Committee (Strålskyddskommittén) and the election committee at the Faculty of Science.
I was born in 1955 in Karlskrona, Sweden. Studied chemistry, biology, geoscience and linguistics at Lund University 1975–1980. Worked at Department of Limnology 1980, then moved to the Pheromone Research Group at Department of Zoology 1981, and has worked in this group since then. In 1985 Department of Ecology was split from the Department of Zoology and in 2010 five departments merged into the Department of Biology.
I was the webmaster of the first Pheromone Group website 1995–2011 and launched a new Pheromone Group site in Aug 2011. Likewise, I was the webmaster of the section Chemical Ecology/Ecotoxicology 1998–2011. That section was discontinued in 2011 after merging five different departments into the new Department of Biology.