39 years of biology at Lund University, working with both technical and administrative issues.
What I work with
I am part-time Lab Manager in the Pheromone Group; responsible for 10 labs and maintenance of lab equipment, computers, GCs, GC-MSs, climate chambers. I do purchasing and invoices, maintains chemicals databases, insect cultures including supervising insect rearing staff. I perform experimental work on insects (dissection, pheromone analysis.). I have done field-work in Scandinavia, Central Europe, and several countries in Africa. Safety officer in the group. Web publisher in the group.
The other part-time of my work is done at Department level, involved in a number of functions (all links goes to our internal website);
- Principal health and safety representative at Department of Biology and Centre for Environmental and Climate Science (Biology Center)
- Biology Dept. Infrastructure group (BIG)
- HMS committee (Health, Environment, Safety)
- HMS working group
- Department main administrator for KLARA chemicals database
- Department contact person for ionizing radiation
- Acting deputy of flammable gods at Ecology building
- Member of the department Helpdesk team for IT issues (network, computers, program licensing)
- Local admin for Primula Res
- Local admin for Lund University Research Information System (LUCRIS)
At University level I have been involved or am involved in the procurement & reference groups for; Lupin, LUP, new email system, labware, chemicals, gases, chemical waste, freezers etc. I am a member of the LU Radiation Protection Committee (Strålskyddskommittén) and the election committee at the Faculty of Science.
I was born 1955 in Karlskrona, Sweden. Studied chemistry, biology, geoscience and linguistics at Lund University 1975–1980. Worked at Dept. Limnology 1980, then moved to the Pheromone Research Group at Dept. Zoology 1981, and has worked in this group since then. In 1985 Dept. Ecology was split from Dept. Zoology and in 2010 five departments merged to Dept. Biology.
I was webmaster of the first Pheromone Group website 1995–2011 and launched a new Pheromone Group site in Aug 2011. Likewise, I was webmaster of the section of Chemical Ecology/Ecotoxicology 1998–2011. That section was discontinued 2011 after merging five different departments into the new Department of Biology.