Documents you should read before the course start
- Localities: access and regulations
- Safety regulations for students
- Information about plagiarism and cheating
Project suggestions and a selection of PhD and work offers
More useful information
- Log in at the learning platform Live@Lund
- Log in at the learning platform LUVIT
- Log in at the Student Portal with your STIL-account
- Checklist for risk analysis before field exkursions (pdf; 574 kB)
- More about Urkund (pdf; 234 kB)
- Map over education facilities in the Biology building
- Map over education facilities in the Ecology building
- Find your way to the Department of Biology (Google Maps)
- Instruction for project reports (pdf; 162 kB)
- Student rights at Lund university
Expenses during courses
If you have expenses during courses for instance when you do field work, you may have use for these forms: Please note that the forms are only fully functional if you save them to your computer and then open them in Acrobat Reader!
Refunding of money
Lund University has an agreement with the bank Nordea. The bank will refund money to a personal bank account in Nordea.
If you haven't got a Nordea bank account you may apply for a transfer to a another bank. Please fill in this form (pdf; 119 kB), print it and hand it over to Violeta Kaleskovska at the Education Office. Otherwise you will get your money with postal giro form.
Unfortunally the form to Nordea are only available in swedish. You have to ask your teacher, your fellow students or the Education Office helping you to fill it in.
As a student at the Department of Biology, Lund university, you have the right to apply for credit transfer from courses taken at other universities. This applies to both Swedish and foreign education - including exchange studies. The application is made on a special form. Fill in the form and then contact the study advisor Tina (Christina) Ledje, christina [dot] ledje [at] biol [dot] lu [dot] se (Molecular biology, or Lotta Persmark, lotta [dot] persmark [at] biol [dot] lu [dot] se (Biology and Bioinformatics) . You need to enclose documents/merits with your application. This can be excerpt from Ladok or "transcript of records". You may be asked to include course syllabus and literature list for each course.
For exchange studies, special procedures regarding documents/qualifications apply. Always find out in advance what applies to credit transfer of courses from the university you are going to study at. Read more about credit transfer of exchange studies here (especially point five). Before leaving, check how many higher education credits at Lund University the course(s) you are going to study abroad correspond to.
Note that the handling of your application may take up to three weeks. If your application is accepted, the credits will be transferred to Ladok. If your application for credit transfer is rejected, you can appeal the decision to The Higher Education Appeals Board, Lund University, Box 117, 221 00 Lund
The documents related to the credit transfer will be registered. When handling this credit transfer application, your personal data will be processed in accordance with applicable legislation.
Information about master degree projects
Director of studies
Jep [dot] Agrell [at] biol [dot] lu [dot] se
046-222 73 17
Christina [dot] Ledje [at] biol [dot] lu [dot] se
046-222 73 16
Lotta [dot] Persmark [at] biol [dot] lu [dot] se
046-222 37 28
Jóhanna Bjarney Jónsdóttir
Johanna_Bjarney [dot] Jonsdottir [at] biol [dot] lu [dot] se
046-222 73 15
Violeta [dot] Kaleskovska [at] biol [dot] lu [dot] se
046-222 73 18
Alarm to SOS, Ambulance, Fire brigade, Police, Acute poison info
Call 0 112 (You need the 0 if you are calling from an university phone)
Call 112 from all other phones
Other useful phone numbers
- Securitas 046-222 07 00
- Akademiska hus jour 046-31 13 10
- Medical Advisory Service 1177
- Information about harmful substances (Giftcentralen) 08-33 12 31
- Lund Hospital 046-17 10 00
- Lund University switchboard 046-222 00 00
Healths and safety representatives
- Principal health & safety representative (Biology & CEC): Erling [dot] Jirle [at] biol [dot] lu [dot] se