LP3 - Lund Protein Production Platform
The services available include
- Cloning - design of a vector construct, ordering of a synthetic gene, cloning and plasmid preparation.
- Protein production in bacterial (E. coli) or eukaryotic (insect) cells.
- Microbiological growth monitoring (Bioscreen C).
- Protein labeling (seleno-methionine incorporation, labeling with stable isotopes (2H, 13C, 15N), biotinylation, phosphorylation).
- Protein purification using state of the art chromatography equipment.
- Development of expression and purification protocols.
- High-throughput protein crystallization.
LP3 works as an intellectual hub for exchange of scientific ideas and for dissemination and assimilation of new methodologies for protein production, purification and analysis. The service facility is integrated with research training and development of skills in experimental protein science for PhD students and postdocs.
For access to additional protein characterization methods (CD, DLS, MS, NMR, etc) we can help you come in contact with the appropriate experts.
What are the costs?
In view of the customized nature of the services provided it is necessary to obtain a quotation from LP3 for the desired work.
A price list for protein crystallization and characterization can be found here.
The LP3 labs are located on floor 1 in Biology building A, Sölvegatan 35, Lund.
Lund Protein Production Platform
Biology Building A
+46 46 2227785
lp3 [at] biol.lu.se
Show The Biology Building on a larger map
LP3 acknowledges generous financial support from Lund University, Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation (SWEGENE programme), the Erik & Maja Lundqvist Foundation, the Carl Tesdorpf Foundation and the Swedish Research Council.