LP3 - Lund Protein Production Platform
The services available include
- Cloning - design of a vector construct, ordering of a synthetic gene, cloning and plasmid preparation.
- Protein production in bacterial (E. coli) or eukaryotic (insect) cells.
- Protein labeling (seleno-methionine incorporation, labeling with stable isotopes (2H, 13C, 15N), biotinylation, phosphorylation).
- Protein purification using state of the art chromatography equipment.
- Development of expression and purification protocols.
LP3 works as an intellectual hub for exchange of scientific ideas and for dissemination and assimilation of new methodologies for protein production, purification and analysis. The service facility is integrated with research training and development of skills in experimental protein science for PhD students and postdocs.
LP3 is co-localized with the high-throughput crystallization facility. For access to additional protein characterization methods (CD, DLS, MS, NMR, etc) we can help you come in contact with the appropriate experts.
What are the costs?
In view of the customized nature of the services provided it is necessary to obtain a quotation from LP3 for the desired work.
The LP3 labs are located on the 2nd floor of Biology building A, Sölvegatan 35, Lund.
Lund Protein Production Platform
Biology Building A
+46 46 2227785
lp3 [at] biol [dot] lu [dot] se
Show The Biology Building on a larger map
LP3 acknowledges generous financial support from Lund University and the Carl Tesdorpf Foundation.