I'm a senior lecturer in bioinformatics and am the coordinator of the two years Master's programme in Bioinformatics. In the program I teach three courses, Bioinformatics Programming in Python and DNA Sequencing Informatics part I and II. Each year I also teach one week courses for PhD students in the Life Science Postgraduate Courses programme with a focus on programming, amplicon analysis and transcriptome analysis.
I'm also a member of our DNA sequencing facility equipped with an Illumina MiSeq sequencer. Here I take care of the data handling and some of the data analysis.
My research is focused on developing programs for various kind of sequence analysis as well as regular analysis of next generation sequencing data like amplicon and transcriptome analysis, variant calling and genome assembly.
Retrieved from Lund University's publications database
- Antimicrobial protein candidates from the thermophilic Geobacillus sp. Strain ZGt-1 : Production, proteomics, and bioinformatics analysis
- Ectomycorrhizal fungi decompose soil organic matter using oxidative mechanisms adapted from saprotrophic ancestors.
- The genome of Haemoproteus tartakovskyi and its relationship to human malaria parasites
- Bacterial Community Analysis of Drinking Water Biofilms in Southern Sweden
- Convergent losses of decay mechanisms and rapid turnover of symbiosis genes in mycorrhizal mutualists.
- Evidence for Positive Selection within the PgiC1 Locus in the Grass Festuca ovina.
- Genome Sequence of Geobacillus sp. Strain ZGt-1, an Antibacterial Peptide-Producing Bacterium from Hot Springs in Jordan.
- Large-scale candidate gene scan reveals the role of chemoreceptor genes in host plant specialisation and speciation in the pea aphid
- Major histocompatibility complex class II compatibility, but not class I, predicts mate choice in a bird with highly developed olfaction.
- Phylogenetic Analysis Suggests That Habitat Filtering Is Structuring Marine Bacterial Communities Across the Globe.
- Recruitment of Members from the Rare Biosphere of Marine Bacterioplankton Communities after an Environmental Disturbance
- The Littorina sequence database (LSD) - an online resource for genomic data.
- The ectomycorrhizal fungus Paxillus involutus converts organic matter in plant litter using a trimmed brown-rot mechanism involving Fenton chemistry.